One thing I noticed when I first became a Christian is that, in general, Christians look younger than average at almost every age.
Some may have had a little nip or tuck but surely not all. So of course I prayed about it. The scripture says:
“…who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s” Psalm 103:5
And it seems to be so.
So these are my possible ten reasons Christians tend to look jolly well for their age:
- Peace – Deep peace stills the brow. Less worry, fewer worry lines- stands to reason.
- Deliverance -From addictions. Since June 2010 the Lord has delivered me of a taste for alcohol and a full-blown addiction to nicotine. And testimony after testimony tells a similar story.
- Sleep – There is just something about being right with God that means you get a deep and refreshing sleep
- Restoration – The Lord promises restoration, this appears to apply to cells as much as anything
- Healing -Clearly illness takes its toll on the countenance, and Jesus came to relieve us of physical suffering
- Support -Belonging to a church means there is always someone to turn to for a helping hand, reducing the strain on the individual
- Abundance -Good food and plenty of it
- Victory -We have victory over Satan and it is the enemy that comes to kill steal and destroy, but we have the authority and victory to prevail under the blood of Jesus
- Love- Living in love ramps up the happiness factor, which in turn increase endorphins and so improves our immune system, helping to keep healthy and looking well
- Faith = rest, God has our back, we do everything through Him, all glory to Him